Thursday, June 16, 2011

Three Years and Counting...

Just a smidgen of the blessings I continually praise God for in our marriage of just 3 years...

I love the beauty of participating/watching the Gospel be lived out in our home and marriage (thank you for seeking to lead in that).  I feel honored that I get a front row seat in watching God's work in your life (He continually amazes me).  I praise God daily for how He continues to grow our love for one another (who would have thunk it could only get better... it was already that good!:).  I am continually humbled by your tenderness and love for and towards me, especially when I do not deserve it (what a great example of the way our Savior loves His bride!).  I am so thankful to be married to a man who trusts and walks in God's promises and God's Word even when life in this fallen world and these fallen bodies is hard.  I am thankful for a husband who encourages and takes joy in watching my own walk with God and encourages me to use my own gifts to serve and love others, not only inside the home but outside as well (to be able to grow in knowing our God and to pour out my life for Christ brings joy and fulfillment unlike any other... thank you for your desire for Christ to be first in my life).  I am thankful that God has given you a teachable heart and has gifted you as a patient and wonderful teacher (Elliot and I benefit greatly from both).  I praise God for your kindness that continues to soften my heart and the hearts of those around you!  I am thankful that it is not about you or me (who could handle that pressure;), but it is about knowing and glorifying our LORD! And I am thankful I get to do that with you by my side!!!

These past 3 years have been amazing and full of life (2 new lives to be exact!). I am blessed beyond measure, and I count those blessings daily!

Happy Anniversary, Carlos Kengla!
"So in the face of all this chaos 
baby I can dance with you"

2 comments:

Brian Megilligan said...

Wow--can't believe that was three years ago! The music was pretty good, as I recall....

Those Kenglas said...

it was not pretty good... it was just plain awesome!! :O) I cannot believe it was 3 years ago either. Time is going too fast!! I hope you are doing well, Brian!!